Where Exactly is the Middle?
When we say Wilmington is in the middle of it all, it's not just a figure of speech. It's a literal fact, and a tremendous strategic advantage for businesses.
- Wilmington sits right in the middle of the U.S.'s Northeast Corridor, roughly equidistant from Washington, D.C., and New York City, within easy reach of everything essential to business success.
- About one out of every three Americans – a massive market of over 100,000,000 people – live within a 350-mile radius of Wilmington.
Wilmington Fast Facts
Did you know that Wilmington is located almost equally between New York City and Washington, D.C.?
Well-Connected Transportation Systems
- The country’s most important north-south route, Interstate 95, runs right by our doorstep, minutes from downtown.
- Executives catch high-speed passenger trains at our convenient Amtrak station.
- New Castle County Airport, just 5 miles south of town, is a major hub for corporate and other private aircraft, and Philadelphia International Airport is just a 25-minute drive.
- For transporting goods, you’ll have the added advantage of access to the nearby deepwater Port of Wilmington, which handles over 400 ships and five million tons of cargo a year.
Contact Economic Development
Mayor's Office of Economic Development
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street, 3rd Floor
Wilmington DE 19801
Phone: (302) 576-2120
Fax: (302) 571-4326