Michael A. Brown, Sr.
Council Member At-Large
Michael A. Brown, Sr. has three children and four granddaughters. He has four sisters and three brothers, who live in Florida. He is a member and a Deacon at Manna Christian Fellowship Church. He is a community and youth advocate.
Mr. Brown has a Bachelor of Science-Human Services degree from Springfield College in Wilmington, DE. He graduated in 1973 from Lewis D. Brandeis High School, New York and has completed 388 hours of Law Enforcement Training.
His accomplishments include:
- 1996 Recipient of Christiana High School Honorary Diploma
- 1995 Recipient of Jefferson Award for Outstanding Community Service, State of DE
- U.S. Army – Honorable Discharge
- Former Member of NOBLE – National Organization of Black Law Enforcement
- Former Vice President National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) – Newark Branch
- Former Board Member of Delaware State Tennis Association, Jackson Street Boys Club, and the Limen House
- Former Vice President of the Greater Wilmington Youth Athletic Association (GWYAA)
- Former Appointed Member of the Drug and Alcohol Residential Task Force by State Representative and Speaker of the House, Terry Spence
“My first four years on City Council have been a combination of being a visible representative in the community to talk with and listen to YOU, the voice of the communities. I will always hold the City Council seat you voted for me to retain with the utmost respect and integrity. I am ever grateful to God and to you, the voters who allowed me another four years to represent you. It is YOUR seat, YOUR voice and YOUR tax dollars hard at work. I truly look forward to working with my colleagues, Mayor Baker and other elected officials to continue to put in place the solutions for a better Wilmington.”
Standing Committees of Council
Council Member Brown is chair of the Public Safety Committee. He is also a member of the following committees:
- Education, Youth & Families
- Public Works & Transportation
He is also a member of the Wilmington, Cable, Video and Telecommunications Commission.
Contact City Council
Wilmington City Council
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Phone: (302) 576-2140
Fax: (302) 571-4071