Minority Business Opportunity Committee (MBOC)
The MBOC is a government and private umbrella for minority businesses in Delaware. In 1993, the City of Wilmington's Commerce Department, received a grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Development Agency, to establish a minority business opportunity committee program for Delaware. The program is administered through the Minority Business Enterprise Office.
The member agencies of MBOC, drawing on government and private sector resources, will promote minority enterprise development throughout the state of Delaware. Member agencies are therefore committed in a cooperative effort to improve opportunities for minority businesses in the state of Delaware. The following initiatives are performed to accomplish the MBOC mission:
- Publish a quarterly newsletter - highlights the achievements of Delaware's minority entrepreneurs and issues affecting business development in Delaware.
- Sponsor business training sessions and workshops - provide informative and; educational seminars and workshops to promote and develop strong, successful businesses.
- Promote purchasing goals for minority business through government and corporate procurement.
- Survey and profile minority business and publish results.
- City of Wilmington, Minority Business Enterprise Office
- Delaware Economic Development Office
- Delaware Department of Transportation
- New Castle County Office of Equal Opportunity
- New Castle County Economic Development Corporation
- Delaware Small Business Development Centers
- Minority and Small Business Entrepreneurial Center
- Wilmington Economic Development Corporation
- Wilmington Renaissance
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Contact Economic Development
Mayor's Office of Economic Development
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street, 3rd Floor
Wilmington DE 19801
Phone: (302) 576-2120
Fax: (302) 571-4326