IF YOU ARE IN DANGER OR NEED POLICE ASSISTANCE, CALL 911.
Wilmington Police Victim Services offers help to victims, survivors or witnesses of violent crimes. They provide:
- supportive counseling at a time of emotional distress;
- help with the criminal justice system;
- victim compensation applications;
- domestic violence information; and
- referrals to social services and community resources.
Victim's Compensation Assistance Program
The Victim's Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP) covers medical bills, lost wages or funeral costs for certain crimes. There is an application process. Contact Victim Services for more information or assistance with the application process.
VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)
Most suspects have the right to be released on bail, maybe right away. You can register with VINE to be told when the suspect gets out of prison.
Register by phone or online:
Call 1-877-338-8463 on a touch-tone phone and follow the instructions. Make up 4-digit PIN to use.
- Visit www.vinelink.com and register online for notification.
Contact Victim Services
Victim Services Coordinator
Para ayuda en espanol:
Trabajadora bilingüe para Víctimas de Crímenes
| Domestic Violence Hotline |
Phone: (302) 762-6110
| State Police Victim Services |
| Contact Lifeline |
| Child Protective Hotline |
| Rape Crisis Hotline |
| Delaware Helpline |
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.