The Mayor's Committee on People With Disabilities
The Access Wilmington Committee works in an advisory capacity to the Mayor to raise awareness of accessibility issues and to advocate for resources on behalf of individuals with disabilities and their families who live, work or visit the City of Wilmington.
The committee's vision is for Wilmington to serve as a model of accessibility. It resolves to work toward:
- Community Education: Increasing awareness of disability issues and resources.
- Legislation: Develop laws and ordinances affecting citizens with disabilities and their rights.
- Accessibility: Assuring that all facilities and programs are totally accessible to citizens with disabilities.
- Employment: Promoting employment opportunities for citizens with disabilities.
- Transportation: Acquiring a totally accessible public transportation system.
- Economics: Promoting opportunities for economic independence for citizens with disabilities.
Members are appointed by the Mayor. Those eligible for appointment include:
- Wilmington residents with disabilities
- Family members of Wilmington residents with disabilities
- Representatives of organizations which provide services to Wilmington residents with disabilities
- Students who attend city high schools and colleges
- City employees
More About Access Wilmington
Contact Access Wilmington
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street, 7th Floor
Wilmington DE 19801
ATTN: Deborah Boone
Phone: (302) 576-3114