It Pays to Recycle in Wilmington
Due to the inclement weather forecast, the City of Wilmington revised recycling collection schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, December 10: east of I-95
- Wednesday, December 11: west of I-95
Keep it handy throughout the year so you’ll be prepared each week to place your trash and recyclable materials at the curb for collection by our Department of Public Works.
Recycling collection in the City of Wilmington is divided geographically. If you live east of I-95, follow Route A for Monday collection. If you live west of I-95, follow Route B for Tuesday collection.
How Does It Work?
A resident signs up for the Recyclebank® program and receives a recycle container with wheels. On scheduled recycling days, when the Recyclebank® truck picks-up the container, it is weighed and a bar code associated with the residence is scanned. Participants are then credited a certain dollar amount for every pound of recyclables they provide.
Preparing Your Recyclables
- Place all recyclables materials into the RecycleBank bin.
- Any used food containers should be cleaned before placing them in the bin.
- Cans must be placed for pick-up before 4:00 a.m. on the day of collection, but not before 6:00 p.m. on the day before collection.
- Cans must be removed no later than 6:00 p.m. on the day trash is collected.
- Each can and its contents must weigh less than 50 pounds.
What Can Be Recycled?
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Detergent Containers
- Plastic Milk Containers
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans (Soup)
- Tin Cans
- Empty Aerosol Cans
- Mixed Paper
- Telephone Books
- Junk Mail
- Soft Books
- Cereal Boxes
- White Paper (including shredded paper)
- Plastic Containers with the #1 - #7 recycling symbol designation (ex. yogurt, margarine tubs, lotion and sunscreen tubes, ketchup bottles, microwave trays)
- Cartons & aseptic packaging (ex. juice boxes, gable top milk & juice containers)
For further questions on what can or can't be recycled, or any questions about the Recyclebank® program, visit www.recyclebank.com or call 1-888-727-2978.
Contact Clean Wilmington
Public Works Call Center