It Pays to Recycle in Wilmington
Keep it handy throughout the year so you’ll be prepared each week to place your trash and recyclable materials at the curb for collection by the Department of Public Works.
Recycling collection in the City of Wilmington is divided geographically. If you live east of I-95, follow Route A for Monday collection. If you live west of I-95, follow Route B for Tuesday collection.
Holiday Sanitation Collection Schedule
Week of November 23
Thursday, November 26, 2015 - Thanksgiving
Friday, November 27, 2015 - Day After Thanksgiving
|No collection||No collection||
How Does It Work?
A resident signs up for the Recyclebank® program and receives a recycle container with wheels. On scheduled recycling days, when the Recyclebank® truck picks-up the container, it is weighed and a bar code associated with the residence is scanned. Participants are then credited a certain dollar amount for every pound of recyclables they provide.
Preparing Your Recyclables
- Place all recyclables materials into the RecycleBank bin.
- Any used food containers should be cleaned before placing them in the bin.
- Cans must be placed for pick-up before 4:00 a.m. on the day of collection, but not before 6:00 p.m. on the day before collection.
- Cans must be removed no later than 6:00 p.m. on the day trash is collected.
- Each can and its contents must weigh less than 50 pounds.
What Can Be Recycled
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans
- Tin cans
- All #1 through #7 plastic containers
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cereal boxes
- Newspapers and magazines
- Telephone books
- Mixed paper
- Junk mail
What Cannot Be Placed in the Recycling Bin
- Polystyrene foam
- Garbage or yard waste
- Paint cans
- Plastic bags
- Electronic waste
- Hazardous waste
For further questions on what can or can't be recycled, or any questions about the Recyclebank® program, visit www.recyclebank.com or call 1-888-727-2978.
Contact Clean Wilmington
Public Works Call Center