Wilmington City Code §37-226 requires that residents display a parking sticker in designated parking areas around the city. If you have a residential parking permit, you will be able to park in areas where limited parking regulations apply.
Residential parking stickers are free and are renewed annually. They must be clearly displayed in the proper location on the vehicle which is either the right side of the rear bumper or the exterior right side of the rear window.
Any outstanding parking and/or red light violations must be paid before a residential parking permit is issued.
There are three ways to renew your residential parking sticker.
- Mail the remittance along with a copy of your driver’s license and registration to the address provided. The residential sticker will be mailed to you.
- Fax the remittance along with a copy of your driver’s license and registration to Residental Parking Permits at (302) 571-4087. The residential sticker will be mailed to you.
- Visit the Residential Parking Permit office on the 1st Floor of the Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street. Bring your driver’s license and registration and you will receive a new residential sticker.
For New Residents
If you are a new resident, please provide:
- a copy of your driver's license;
- a copy of your vehicle registration; and
- proof of your address, in the form of a lease or deed, and a utility bill.
Apply for a residential sticker by:
- mailing the above listed documents to Residential Parking Permits, Division of Revenue, 800 N. French Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801; or
- faxing the above listed documents to Residential Parking Permits at (302) 571-4087.
For Delaware residents moving to the City of Wilmington, a temporary parking permit will be issued valid for 30 days. For out-of-state residents moving to the City of Wilmington, a temporary parking permit will be issued valid for 90 days. The temporary permit will allow you time to transfer your registration and driver’s license to the address for which the permit is requested.
For more information about residential parking stickers, please contact the Division of Revenue at (302) 571-4320.
Guest Parking Pass
Guest parking passes allowing vehicles without a residential parking sticker to park in an otherwise restricted area are issued in special cases, such as for visitors to your home.
To apply for a guest parking pass, you must:
- Download and fill out the Guest Parking Pass Application
- Applications must be received by the Division of Revenue at least 24-hours in advance of the need for the pass.
Once the application is received, a representative will review your information and contact you as to whether your application has been approved or denied. The Guest Parking Pass is valid for no more than seven days.
A guest parking pass does not permit you to ignore other parking restrictions such as street cleaning, parking too close to a fire hydrant, blocking a driveway, etc. It is only intended to allow you to park temporarily in a limited-time parking area.
For more information about obtaining a Guest Parking Pass, call (302) 576-2099 or email GuestPass@WilmingtonDE.gov.
You will not be able to obtain a guest parking pass if you or your guest has outstanding parking debts owed to the City.
Residential Parking Zone Maps
PAY PARKING TICKETS ONLINE
Pay financial obligations online at www.wilmingtonparkingtickets.com.
PAY PARKING TICKETS BY PHONE
Call (302) 571-4320 and pay by credit card. The City of Wilmington accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover only.
PAY PARKING TICKETS IN PERSON
Visit the Revenue Division on the 1st floor of the Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street. The cashier window is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.