The City of Wilmington Department of Finance announces a new online Customer Service Portal with improved bill payment and bill presentment options powered by PAYMENTUS®. PAYMENTUS is recognized as one of the leaders of billing and payment solutions in North America, offers fully-integrated red-flag identity theft protections and is Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant.
You are now able to view and pay your UTILITY OR REAL ESTATE TAX BILL 24 hours/7 days a week via enhanced payment methods.
NEW features include:
- Ability to pay via online Customer Portal, online quick pay, iPad Kiosk in cashier’s lobby, Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and mobile devices
- Real time payment confirmation
- Ability to view current balances, consumption history, payment history and past billing statements
- User-friendly onscreen instructions
- Schedule one-time or recurring payment options
- Set up easy online pre-authorized payments
- Paperless Billing (e-Bill)
- Electronic Check (e-Check) via checking or savings account
- Pay by credit/debit cards which now includes American Express (in addition to MasterCard, Visa and Discover)
Other Payment Types
For all other types of payments, you will continue to use Official Payments. Individuals and businesses can pay by telephone or directly over the Internet. In order to process your payment, Official Payments Corporation, the credit card service provider, charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. Other payment types include:
- Business, Limitation of Occupancy Notification (LON) & Fire Licenses Fees;
- Earned Income Tax (City Wage)
To pay by credit card:
Call the toll free number 1-800-272-9829 and enter 3 when prompted to pay property taxes and other payments. You will then be asked to enter the jurisdiction code, which is 1804. Enter 1 to confirm this payment is for Wilmington, Delaware. Follow additional prompts to complete your transaction.
- Visit www.officialpayments.com to pay by credit card.
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- The type of tax or fee
- A bill or invoice number
- Your credit card information
- The amount of the tax or fee payment
The system will:
- Inform you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee.
- Obtain approval of the charge.
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement, the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.