Wilmington Transportation Open House
- Date: 06/20/2018 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Wilmington Public Library
10 E. 10th Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
You are invited to this open house to learn about upcoming transportation studies, learn about planned transportation projects, and have your say in the future of your city.
The workshop will highlight many transportation projects proposed for the City of Wilmington, including three new WILMAPCO studies:
- 12th Street Connector Alignment Study
This study will evaluate the optimal location and design for the proposed 12th Street Connector. This roadway will provide a more direct route for access from I-495 to downtown, redirect traffic from Price’s Run, Riverside, and East Side neighborhoods, and create multimodal connections for residents to access the Brandywine Riverfront.
- East 7th Street Peninsula Study
The goal of the project is to prepare a master plan which identifies and prioritizes necessary roadway and utility improvements. The plan will evaluate and recommend land use and development potential that will attract suitable public/private investment opportunities to facilitate future economic development on the East 7th Street Peninsula.
- Safety & Capacity Improvement Study for 5-Point Intersection
This study will address needed safety and capacity improvements, optimize circulation and access, and provide multimodal connectivity at and around the 5-Point Intersection. The study also include Beech and Monroe Streets, Delmarva Power parking lots, the DART Bus Operations Center, and I-95 access points.
Other Included Projects:
- 9th Street Enhancements, Phase 2
- Brandywine South Pedestrian Improvements
- Concord Avenue Streetscape, Phase 2
- Old Brandywine Village Streetscape
- Southbridge Streetscape, Phase 2
- Walnut Street Pedestrian and Streetscape Improvements
- Two-Way King Street
- I-95 Viaduct Improvements
- Garasches Lane/A Street Improvements
This event is sponsored by Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT), City of Wilmington, Delaware Transit Corporation (DART First State), and Wilmington Area Planning Council (WILMAPCO).
For more information, visit: www.wilmapco.org/wilmington-initiatives or contact Dave Gula, WILMAPCO Principal Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (302) 737-6205.