Wilmington City Council
- Date: 01/10/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Return to full list >>
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- All Council - Sympathy Patrick T. Carter
- Oliver - Sympathy William “Bill” David Smith
- Oliver - Sympathy Flora Pearl Bumbrey
- Oliver - Sympathy Jerry Mitchell Adams
- Oliver - Sympathy Dennis Wright Hardie
- Oliver - Sympathy Christine H. Tyler
- Oliver - Sympathy James D. Petruccelli, Sr.
- Oliver - Sympathy Bill Winchester
- Shabazz - Sympathy Earline D. Lemon
- Turner - Sympathy Kywannia Lynn Lopez
- Turner - Sympathy Josephine Moore Roy
- Legislative Business
- SHABAZZ (Harlee presenting on behalf of Shabazz)
- #4605 Ord. 18-054 Amend Chapter 2 of the City Code Regarding the Census 2020 Complete Count Committee (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance establishes a Census 2020 Complete Count Committee for the purpose of mobilizing and leveraging personnel and resources both internal and external to City government, in order to provide assistance to the representatives of the United States Census Bureau in the conduct of the decennial census. The intent of establishing this committee is to assure an accurate census count – and consequentially, an equitable share of financial assistance and federal and state representation for Wilmingtonians.
- #4614 An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 2 of the City Code Regarding Procedures to Fill City Council Vacancies (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance amends Section 2-34 of the City Code, which set forth procedures to fill City Council vacancy, by allowing all members of Council to be part of the committee that recommends to Council an individual to fill a Council vacancy and by making the selection process more transparent to members of the public.
- #4611 Ord. 18-057 Authorizing the Issuance of the City's General Obligation Bond, Series of 2019-SRF in order to Provide Funds Necessary to Finance Capital Projects of the City Relating to Various Water Main Distribution Improvements and Upgrades Throughout the City; Providing for the Sale of the Bond to the Delaware Drinking Water State Revolving Fund; and Authorizing Other Necessary Action (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the City Treasurer’s Office for Council’s review and approval to authorize the issuance of a General Obligation Bond, Series of 2019-SRF, in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000, which will be sold to the Delaware Drinking Water State Revolving Fund in order to (i) finance capital projects of the City, specifically, certain improvements and upgrades to the City’s water main distribution infrastructure as set forth in the City’s capital budget for its Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2018, (ii) pay administrative costs relating to such capital projects, and (iii) pay the costs of issuing the Bond.
- Petitions and Communications