Wilmington City Council
- Date: 02/07/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Return to full list >>
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- Harlee - Sympathy “Laney” Hoxter
- Harlee - Sympathy Paul D. Purnell, Jr.
- Oliver - Recognize Duffy’s Hope
- Oliver - Sympathy Olive Anita Stewart Mayfield
- Oliver - Sympathy Bishop Joseph Brown, Jr.
- Legislative Business
- #4616 An Ordinance to Enact Certain Parking Regulations (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance approves various parking regulations in the City.
- #4617 An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 2 of the City Code to Repeal Section 2-358 Thereof Regarding the Annual Reconciliation of Operating Budget Accounts (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance amends Chapter 2 of the City Code by repealing Section 2-358 thereof.
- #4618 An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 2 of the City Code in Order to Authorize the City Treasurer Access to the Budget Reserve Account Funds at the End of a Fiscal Year and Replenishment of the Budget Reserve Account Funds in the Ensuing Year for Year 2019 (1st & 2nd Reading)
*Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the City Treasurer for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance amends Chapter 2 §2-376.3(c)*, by extending from July 1 to June 30, 2019, the authorization of the City Treasurer to access budget reserve account funds and the requirement to replenish those funds no later than October 1, 2019.
- *#4611 Ord. 18-057 Authorizing the Issuance of the City's General Obligation Bond,Series of 2019-SRF in order to Provide Funds Necessary to Finance Capital Projects of the City Relating to Various Water Main Distribution Improvements and Upgrades Throughout the City; Providing for the Sale of the Bond to the Delaware DrinkingWater State Revolving Fund; and Authorizing Other Necessary Action (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the City Treasurer’s Office for Council’s review and approval to authorize the issuance of a General Obligation Bond, Series of 2019-SRF, in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000, which will be sold to the Delaware Drinking Water State Revolving Fund in order to (i) finance capital projects of the City, specifically, certain improvements and upgrades to the City’s water main distribution infrastructure as set forth in the City’s capital budget for its Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2018, (ii) pay administrative costs relating to such capital projects, and (iii) pay the costs of issuing the Bond.
- Petitions and Communications
*Note: This Agenda is being amended to add item #4611 (Ord. 18-057) to meet an obligation. Also, a correction was made to the synopsis to agenda item #4618.