Wilmington City Council
- Date: 08/29/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- All Council – 1619 Commemoration of the First Africans Captured and Brought to Virginia 400 Years Ago to be Enslaved
- Harlee – Recognize Downtown Wigs
- Harlee – Recognize Steve Gonzer
- Shabazz – Sympathy Jonathan Peter Whitcomb
- Shabazz – Recognize Judy Johnson Memorial Foundation
- Shabazz – Sympathy James DeShields
- Shabazz – Sympathy Vivian H. Reynolds
- Legislative Business
- SHABAZZ (Harlee presenting on behalf of Shabazz)
- #4698 An Ordinance Authorizing Capital Projects of the City of Wilmington Relating to Phase III of the City’s Transmission and Distribution Water Main Improvements; Authorizing the Issuance of the City’s General Obligation Bond, Series of 2019D-SRF, in Order to Provide the Funds Necessary for Such Projects; Providing for the Sale of the Bond to the Delaware Drinking Water State Revolving Fund; and Authorizing Other Necessary Action (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the issuance of a General Obligation Bond, Series of 2019D-SRF, in an amount not to exceed $4,000,000, which will be sold to the Delaware Drinking Water State Revolving Fund in order to (i) finance capital projects of the City, specifically, Phase III of the City’s Transmission and Distribution Water Main Improvements Project as set forth in the City’s capital budget for its Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2020, (ii) pay administrative costs relating to such capital projects, and (iii) pay the costs of issuing the 2019D Bond.
- #4699 An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 44 of the City Code Regarding the Inspection of State of Delaware Tax Returns by the City of Wilmington (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance amends Section 44-112 of the City Code to comply with the State Code requirements regarding the City’s examination or investigation of the State of Delaware tax returns of any taxpayer who has a place of residence, business, or employment in the City. In addition, as a housekeeping matter, this Ordinance renumbers certain subsections of Section 44-112.
- *#4700 A Resolution Authorizing the Receipt of Funds from the State Board of Pension Trustees and Directing the Treasurer’s Office to Distribute Such Funds to Eligible Retirees
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by Council for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution authorizes the Treasurer’s Office to receive funds from the State Board of Pension Trustees and distribute such funds to eligible retirees, all in accordance with 18 Del. C. § 708.
- Petitions and Communications
08/23/19 - *Note: This Agenda is being amended to add item #4700 in order for City Council to be able to authorize the receipt of funds from the State Board of Pension Trustees as soon as possible due to the magnitude of Citywide impact to some Pensioners.