Wilmington City Council
- Date: 09/19/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Return to full list >>
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- All Council - Recognize The Village of St. John (Ministry of Caring)
- All Council - Recognize Osogbo, Nigeria Delegation (Sister Cities of Wilmington)
- Harlee - Sympathy Hassie M. Queen
- Shabazz - Recognize September 2019 as National Recovery Month
- Shabazz - Sympathy Rohan Martin White
- Shabazz - Recognize William Montgomery
- Walsh - Sympathy Ann M. Paoli
- Walsh - Sympathy Anna Grandell Rispoli
- Walsh - Sympathy Lawrence Sullivan, Sr.
- Walsh - Sympathy Clifford Hearn
- Legislative Business
- #4705 A Resolution Authorizing the Approval of the Department of Planning and Development (DPD), that Applied for the Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Assessment Grant, which is administered by the Environmental Protection Agency Office of Brownfields and Land Revitalization
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution authorizes the Department of Planning and Development application for a grant from EPA in the amount of $300,000. The grant will enable the City to conduct a community-wide brownfield assessment within the Price’s Run neighborhood.
- #4706 A Resolution to Authorize and Approve a Utility Easement Agreement with Delmarva Power & Light Company Regarding Rodney Square
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution authorizes the Department of Public Works to grant Delmarva Power & Light Company a certain utility easement in connection with Delmarva’s installation and maintenance of a new electric line across 1000 North Market Street, commonly known as Rodney Square.
- SHABAZZ (Harlee presenting on behalf of Shabazz)
- #4707 A Resolution Approving the Acceptance of the Gift from the Joint Partnership Between FitLot Inc. and AARP for Playground Upgrades Services and Outdoor Exercise Equipment to be Install within Holloway/Compton Park
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution authorizes the Department of Parks and Recreation to accept playground upgrades and outdoor exercise equipment for use in Holloway/Compton Park. No local matching funds are required.
- #4708 A Resolution Encouraging the Administration to be Supportive of Wilmington as a “Safe and Inclusive Communities” for All Residents Regardless of Citizenship or Immigration Status in the City of Wilmington
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This purpose of this Resolution is to strongly encourage the Administration to revise any current policies and operations that may not reflect the City’s values of inclusivity regarding Wilmington’s rich multi-ethnic heritage by making certain that Wilmington is a Safe Community for all its residents.
- #4709 A Resolution Approving the Grant Application by the Department of Planning and Development with the Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs to Fund the City's Historic Preservation Planning Program for the Federal Fiscal Year 2020
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution authorizes a grant application of the Department of Planning and Development to the Delaware Department of State, Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs in the amount of $12,650 to continue the City’s Historic Preservation Planning Program, which has been in existence for over 30 years.
- Petitions and Communications