Wilmington City Council
- Date: 12/05/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Return to full list >>
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- Oliver - Sympathy Vancount E. Roane
- Oliver - Sympathy Delois Portis
- Oliver - Sympathy Soror Doris E. Sorden Laws
- Oliver - Sympathy Anna Elizabeth Wing
- Oliver - Sympathy Monica M. Jones
- Turner - Sympathy Jeffrey A. Snow
- Walsh - Sympathy Stanley Bartkowski
- Legislative Business
- Rev. 1 #4733 Sub. 1 Ord. 19-047 To Enact Certain Traffic/Parking Regulations (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance approves various traffic and parking regulations in the City.
- SHABAZZ (Johnson presenting on behalf of Shabazz)
- #4749 A Resolution Supporting the Passage of Senate Bill 39 which Prohibits the Indefinite Suspension of Driver’s Licenses of those Re-Entering Society
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution expresses strong support from the Wilmington City Council for the passage of Senate Bill 39 which prohibits the indefinite suspension of driver’s licenses of those re-entering society from incarceration and giving the Courts the power to take into consideration a person’s ability to pay and where necessary grant modifications or waivers to such court mandated fees, fines, costs, or assessments thereby reducing the financial burdens on defendants and their opportunities to find lawful employment and meet their financial and societal obligations.
- #4736 Ord. 19-048 Authorize and Approve a Contract Between the City of Wilmington and Rehrig Financial Services for the Lease of, and Option to Purchase Municipal Solid Waste Containers (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the City to enter into a five-year contract with Rehrig Financial Services fort the lease of, and option to purchase, municipal solid waste containers.
- #4742 Res. 19-075 A Resolution Regarding the Wilmington Police Department Commencing an Academy Class
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. In this Resolution, the City Council recognizes that the Chief of the Police Department has represented that the manpower of the Police Department will fall below ninety-five percent of the number of police officers set forth in the position allocation list attached to the fiscal year 2020 annual operating budget ordinance by the end of 2019 and has drafted a resolution calling for the commencement of an academy class for the Police Department once manpower falls below the requisite threshold.
- Petitions and Communications