44th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Date: 03/16/2019 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Begins at 4th & King Streets
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
The Irish Culture Club of Delaware will cap off the afternoon with its Hooley near 15th and King Streets Downtown
The free, family-friendly parade kicks off at 4th and King Streets in downtown Wilmington beginning at 12:00 noon. Floats, marching bands, dancers and more will proceed up King Street, continue past the Parade Grandstand at Rodney Square, and end near 14th Street where the post-parade Hooley will be held. The parade is expected to take about one hour and the Hooley will end no later than 4:00 p.m.
Road closures associated with this event will begin at 10:00 a.m. and continue until about 6:00 p.m.
- King Street from East 2nd Street to East 15th Street
- East 4th Street from Walnut to Market Street
- East 8th Street from Walnut to Market Street
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Streets, from King to Market Street
- 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th Streets, from French to Market Street
- Southbound vehicular traffic on North Market Street will also be diverted to North Park Drive - West 18th Street prior to the Market Street Bridge
- On 10th Street, from North King Street to North Shipley Street
- On the unit block of East 11th Street, between North Market Street and North King Street
- On North Shipley Street, from 4th Street to 5th Street
DART Bus Stops Temporarily Closed During Parade
Buses will be on detour from 10:00 a.m. to approximately 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 16. Notices will be posted at the affected bus stops directing riders to the alternate boarding locations.
- 11th Street at King Street, and 10th Street at Market Street - board on Orange Street at 8th Street or 10th Street
- King Street at 10th Street, 9th Street, 8th Street, and 6th Street, 9th Street at Market Street, and 8th Street at Shipley Street – board on Washington Street at 9th Street
- French Street at 9th Street – board on Orange Street at 5th Street, 8th Street or 10th Street
- King Street at 13th Street – board on Orange Street at 10th Street
- Walnut Street at 5th Street – board at Amtrak Station or on 2nd Street at French Street.
- West Street at 11th Street – board at Amtrak Station or on Orange Street at 5th Street, 8th Street or 10th Street.