Preparing Your Recyclables
- Place all recyclables loosely into the recycle bin.
- Rinse any recyclable food containers before placing in the bin.
- Be sure each bin and its contents weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Place bins curbside between 6:00 p.m. the day before collection and 4:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Remove bins from the curb no later than 6:00 p.m. on the day of collection.
What to Recycle
- PLASTICS # 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 (look for the number inside the recycling symbol on the container)
- PAPER: Newspapers, magazines, brochures, junk mail, office paper, folded or crushed paper bags, greeting cards, phone books, paperback books, file folders
- CARDBOARD: Corrugated boxes, cardboard beverage carriers, dry food boxes/cartons, tissue/towel rolls
- METAL: Aluminum, metal cans, metal jar lids, steel bottle caps, foil
- GLASS: Bottles and jars (without tops), food containers, beverage containers
What Not to Recycle (and instead put in trash)
- PLASTICS: plastic bags, plastic utensils, Styrofoam, plastics #3 and #6, electronics (including phones and computers), plastic film, plant containers, hard plastics with no number (like patio chairs)
- PAPER: Shredded paper, waxed paper, stickers, labels
- CARDBOARD: Waxed cardboard, take-out food containers, greasy pizza boxes
- CANS: Paint cans, scrap metal, oil and cleansers, electronic waste, batteries
- GLASS: Mirrors, window panes, ceramics, Pyrex dishware, broken or sharp glass
To learn more about recycling, visit the DSWA residential page at http://dswa.com/residential-recycling-guidelines/
Yard waste is collected on recycling days.
From November 15 - March 15, sanitation workers do not make collections in bad weather. If your collection is canceled as a result, it will be made the following day if weather permits.
Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule
East of I-95 Trash Collection
- Date: 11/14/2019
Preparing and Placing Your Trash
- Place in the trash only those items that can spoil, such as food or disposable diapers.
- Close and tie trash bags and place them into heavy plastic or metal trashcans. Secure with watertight lids.
- Cans must be placed for pick-up before 4 a.m. on the day of collection, but not before 6 p.m. on the day prior to collection.
- Cans must be removed no later than 6 p.m. on the day trash is collected.
- Each can and its contents must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Bush, tree trimmings, vines, etc. are limited to 4-foot lengths and must be tied in tight bundles. Yard waste will be collected and processed by a designated vehicle. Do not place in with recycling or garbage.