Wilmington City Council
- Date: 01/16/2020 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Return to full list >>
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- All Council - Recognize Howard High School Football Division II State Champions
- VI. Legislative Business
- #4758 An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 5 of the City Code by Amending Section 5-36 Thereof to Authorize a Moratorium on the Issuance of New Business
Licenses to Liquor Stores Seeking to Operate in the Third Councilmanic District (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance amends Chapter 5 of the City Code by adding Section 5-36(d) to enact a 120-day moratorium on the issuance of new business licenses to package stores seeking to operate in the 3rd Council district. The purpose of this moratorium is to allow sufficient time for City Council to research whether the 3rd District is oversaturated with alcohol retailers.
- *SHABAZZ (Walsh presenting on behalf of Shabazz)
- #4759 An Ordinance to Adopt the Major Subdivision known as “South Road Connector” and Accept the Dedication of an Unnamed City Street Between the South Walnut Street Access Road and Garasches Lane to be Added to the Official City Map (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance approves the South Road Connector Major Subdivision and accepts the dedication of an unnamed street connecting the southern side of Garasches Lane to the South Walnut Access Road.
- Rev. 1 #4667 Sub. 1 Ord. 19-030 Authorize an Energy Performance Contract for LED Street Lighting Between the City of Wilmington and Seiberlich Trane
Energy Services (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the City to enter into a twenty-year energy performance contract (the “Contract”) for upgrading the City’s existing street lights to a new, smart technology LED street light system beginning on July 1, 2019 at an estimated total price of Two Million, Two Hundred Ninety-Four Thousand, Eight Hundred Eighty-Three Dollars ($2,294,883). The Contract will enable the City to realize a long-term energy efficiency by reducing the energy consumption of the City’s street lighting system by an estimated seventy percent (70%). The Contract will also create an estimated yearly cost savings to the City of One Hundred Fifty-Four Thousand Thirty-Eight Dollars ($154,038) and an overall cost savings to the City of between Three Million Dollars ($3,000,000) and Four Million Dollars ($4,000,000).
- Rev. 1 #4747 Sub. 1 Ord. 19-054 Amend Chapter 36 to Repeal Begging and Panhandling Provisions from the Wilmington City Code (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Substitute Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Substitute Ordinance amends Chapter 36 of the Wilmington City Code by deleting Section 36-68(b)(3) relating to the crime of loitering for the purpose of begging and Sections 36-221 through and including Section 36-227 relating to the regulation of panhandling. It also reduces the fines that may be imposed for violations of the remaining provisions of Section 36-68 related to loitering.
- #4754 Ord. 19-055 Authorize a Multi-Year Amendment of Contract 15055DFPS (Parking Citation Processing and Collection Services) Between the City of Wilmington and Conduent State and Local Solutions, Inc. (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the City to enter into a multi-year amendment (the “Amendment”) to Contract 15055DFPS for parking citation processing and collection services with Conduent State and Local Solutions, Inc. (the “Contract”), which: (1) adds certain goods and services to the Contract, including an online citation appeals portal, replacement of all handheld devices with upgraded devices and GPS technology, and full collection services; (2) extends the Contract for 2 years and 2 months commencing on the date of execution of the Amendment at an estimated price of $100,206.00 per month (which will increase by 2 ½ percent every 12 months after execution of the Amendment) plus 30% of net revenue from collection efforts; and (3) provides for 2 additional extensions of 1 year thereafter at the same price.
- #4760 An Ordinance Authorizing the Issuance of the City’s General Obligation Bonds, In One or More Series on a Tax-Exempt and/or Taxable Basis, In Order to
Provide the Funds Necessary to Refund Certain Outstanding General Obligation Bonds of the City; Providing for the Sale of the Bonds; and Authorizing Other Necessary Action (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the City Treasurer for City Council’s consideration and approval and authorize the issuance of up to $50,000,000 aggregate principal amount of the City’s General Obligation Bonds in order to finance certain outstanding debt of the City for possible, present value savings up to $7,000,000.
- #4761 A Resolution Authorizing a Grant to Christina Cultural Arts Center
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by City Council Member Samuel L. Guy for Council’s review and approval. As stated in Section 2-369 of the City Code, City Council authorization is required for Council member Samuel L. Guy to award a $1,000 grant to the Christina Cultural Arts Center, Incorporated, from his portion of City Council’s Discretionary Fund. In order to provide this grant, this Resolution must be passed by City Council.
- Petitions and Communications
(Posted 1/10/2020; Rev. #1 1/15/2020 - Revised sponsorship on Agenda #4759.)