Wilmington City Council
- Date: 03/19/2020 6:30 PM
- Location: Council Chambers
Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Regular Meeting of Wilmington City Council
Wilmington City Council, in response to the Governor’s declaration of a state of emergency to prepare for the spread of COVID-19 , is complying with the suggestion of social distancing. To reduce potential exposure to the coronavirus, this meeting is not open to the public.
- Members of the public are invited to join the City Council meeting by accessing the meeting through this link: https://zoom.us/j/573359472.
- To listen only visit the WITN22 website at www.witn22.org or the WIITN22 YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/WITN22Wilmington/. Constituents are also welcome to join the meeting by calling one of these telephone numbers: +1 312 626 6799, +1 929 205 6099, +1 253 215 8782, +1 301 715 8592, +1 346 248 7799, or +1 669 900 6833.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Participants wishing to provide public comment will be able to do so by adhering to the following protocols:
- When you join a Zoom meeting hosted by another user, you are considered an attendee. From 5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m., a maximum of 10 attendees will be able to sign up for 3-minute comments.
- To sign up, participants should leave their names in the Zoom chat:
- In your controls at the bottom window, click Chat. If you are on a mobile device, tap Participants, then Chat.
- The Chat window will open on the right side of your screen if you are not in full screen mode.
- Please type your first and last name, district and topic of discussion into the Chat window to sign up for Public Comment, then press Enter to send your message.
- Public Comment will start promptly at 6:00 p.m.
COUNCIL MEETING: City Council President Shabazz will start the official Council meeting promptly at 6:30 p.m. She will proceed following the posted agenda.
LEGISLATIVE BUSINESS: Council President Shabazz will follow the legislation portion of the Council meeting in the same fashion as the in-person meetings. After all Resolutions and any Ordinances for 3rd & Final, she will ask for public comment and, if so, for the public to click the Raise Hand icon.
- Click Raise Hand in the webinar controls at the bottom of your screen and select Participant.
- The host (City Council President Shabazz) will be notified that your hand is raised.
- Council President Shabazz will acknowledge the public speaker and invite the speaker to make their comment.