Wilmington City Council
- Date: 05/07/2020 6:30 PM
- Location: Virtual Meeting via Zoom (see agenda for link)
Virtual Meeting of Wilmington City Council
- Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
- Non-Legislative Business
- All Council - Sympathy Dr. Joseph Johnson Harlee Sympathy Lois Gaitwood Oliver Sympathy Kenyatta X. Brooks Oliver Sympathy Erma V. Peterson
- Legislative Business
- #4781 Ord. 20-010 Authorize an Amendment to Sublease Agreement between the City and DETV Foundation, Inc. (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the execution of an amended lease agreement between the City of Wilmington and DETV Foundation, Inc. for studio space located at 2801 Lancaster Avenue in Wilmington, Delaware to provide that the City shall cover the costs of utilities related to the leased premises.
- SHABAZZ (Johnson presenting on behalf of Shabazz)
- #4799 A Resolution Encouraging United States Congress to Vote for the COVID Community Relief Act that Provides $2 Billion of Flexible Funding for Municipalities with Populations of Less Than 500,000 to Accommodate the Financial Impacts of COVID-19 on Small Communities
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution asks the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives to vote to pass H.R. 6467, The COVID Community Relief Act, which will provide important and flexible funding to small municipalities to address public health emergencies caused by COVID-19, to replace revenue shortfalls and to prevent further shutdown of vital sectors of the state economy, and hasten the recovery once social distancing measures are relaxed.
- Rev. 1* #4795 Sub. 1 Ord. 20-018 Establish Salaries of City Council Members for the 108th Session to be Effective as of January 4, 2022 (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Substitute Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval. Pursuant to City Charter Section 2-100 and City Council Rule 26, this Ordinance establishes increased salaries for Council Members for the 108th Council Session who will take office on January 4, 2022.
- #4800 An Ordinance Authorizing the Issuance of the City's General Obligation Bond (LED Street Lighting Project), Series of 2020B-SEPRLF in Order to Provide the Funds Necessary for Capital Projects of the City of Wilmington Relating to the LED Street Lighting Project; Providing for the Sale of the Bond to the Delaware State Energy Program Revolving Loan Fund; and Authorizing Other Necessary Action (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the issuance of a General Obligation Bond (LED Street Lighting Project), Series of 2020B-SEPRLF, in an amount not to exceed $2,120,708, which will be sold to the Delaware State Energy Program Revolving Loan Fund in order to (i) finance capital projects of the City, specifically, the replacement of 1,732 lighting fixtures owned and maintained by the City with LED lamps to provide energy savings to the City as set forth in the City’s capital budget for its Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2020; (ii) pay administrative costs relating to such capital project; and (iii) pay the costs of issuing the Bond.
- Rev. 1* #4797 Sub. 1 Ord. 20-019 Amend Chapter 2 of the City Code in Order to Authorize the City Treasurer to Access the Budget Reserve Account Funds for Fiscal Year 2020 and Require Replenishment of the Budget Reserve Account Funds in the Ensuing Fiscal Year (3rd & Final Reading)
Synopsis: This Substitute Ordinance is being presented by the City Treasurer for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance amends § 2-376.3(c) by extending from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020, the authorization for the City Treasurer to access budget reserve account funds and the requirement to replenish those funds no later than October 1, 2020.
- #4801 An Ordinance Authorizing the Issuance of a Tax and Revenue Anticipation Note, Series of 2020, of the City of Wilmington in Principal Amount Not to Exceed $20,000,000; Providing for the Sale of the Note at Private Negotiated Sale; and Authorizing Other Necessary Action (1st & 2nd Reading)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is presented by the City Treasurer for Council's consideration and approval and authorizes the City to issue its Tax and Revenue Anticipation Note in principal amount not exceeding $20,000,000 in anticipation of and secured by taxes and revenues to be received by the City during its Fiscal Year 2021 commencing on July 1, 2020 and ending on June 30, 2021. The Note will be a general obligation of the City secured by the full faith, credit and taxing power of the City.
- Petitions and Communications
- VIII. Adjournment
NOTE: In following Governor Carney’s Proclamation #17-3292, due to the outbreak of the COVID-19, public meetings are currently being conducted virtually to maintain social distancing and to keep all constituents safe. Members of the public are invited to join the City Council meeting by accessing the meeting as follows:
https://zoom.us/j/93346253196 or log on to WITN22 website www.witn22.org or YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/user/WITNWilmington/ or listen in only by calling one of the following phone numbers (929) 205-6099 or (301) 715-8592. You will be asked for the Webinar ID. Please enter 933 4625 3196 and then #.
*NOTE REVISION: The agenda has been revised to reflect Substitute to Agenda #4795 and #4797 after these items were discussed in Committee on April 27.