The Department of Human Resources is currently accepting applications for the following positions. Click on the job title for the position details.
PURCHASING COORDINATOR I
- Type:Open Competitive
- Salary/Pay Rate:J - $35,832 per year to $48,039 per year
- Posted Date:02/14/2020
- Deadline to Apply:02/28/2020 4:30 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: 4481001
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
AFFILIATION: Union Local 1102
- Performs responsible and professional financial functions for the department, including responsibility for financial, budget, procurement, reporting, maintenance of records and assists with the City’s KeyTrak system.
- Maintains professional service, engineering, and consulting agreements, as well as construction contracts.
- Reviews contracts and agreements for accuracy; processes purchase orders; verifies certified payroll and receipts; verifies invoiced rates are in accordance with approved agreements; maintains accurate record keeping for each vendor; communicates with vendors, consultants, and engineers in reference to their agreements; verifies and approves payment amounts.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare financial reports using Microsoft Office products and assists with budget preparation for both operating and capital budgets. This includes manual accounting sheets along with Excel spreadsheets.
- Is involved in the preparation of purchase requests and processes invoices for approval.
- Independent judgment is exercised in implementing policy and procedures to resolve daily problems.
- Some supervision may be exercised over clerical employees in the performance of these duties.
- Assists the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, and Administrative Services Director with other administrative tasks as assigned. Performs all related work as required.
- Must be able to work overtime or on call as needed.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from high school, including courses in accounting, computers, business, and public administration; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office products especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain detailed records and files. Perform a variety of related clerical tasks using a computer, scanners, and other office equipment and software.
- Must possess excellent communications skills and be able to build good working relationships with vendors, contractors, government officials, and employees.
- Knowledge of Munis and Cityworks preferred.
- Normal office environment which is usually quiet (frequently required to sit and talk or hear).
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Must pass a criminal background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug test.
City residency required within six months of employment.