City Swimming Pools and Spray Parks Open for the Summer Beginning This Week
Mayor Purzycki invites citizens to enjoy the water features at city parks
Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki and Parks and Recreation Director Kevin F. Kelley, Sr. remind citizens that the City’s swimming pools will open for the summer beginning this week, with three of the five pools starting up today, Monday, June 24, 2019. Two pools will open in the coming days:Foster Brown Pool at 7th and Lombard streets will open Thursday, June 27, while P.S. duPont Middle School Pool at 701 W. 34th Street will open Monday, July 1. The pools opening today are:
- Eden Park Pool, on New Castle Avenue
- Joseph R. Biden Jr. Aquatic Center (formerly Prices Run Pool), at 26th Street and Speakman Place
- William “Hicks” Anderson Center, Fifth and Madison streets
All City pools will close for the summer on August 17. For a complete schedule, visit www.WilmingtonDE.gov/citypools.
Most of Wilmington’s spray parks also open today, Monday, June 24, and remain open until Labor Day. The spray parks are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and can be found at the following locations:
- Helen Chambers Park, Sixth and Madison streets
- Brown Park, Eighth Avenue and Duncan Street
- Judy Johnson Park, Third and Clayton streets [scheduled to open July 1]
- Mack Park, at West 6th Street and North Ford Avenue
- Father Tucker Park, at 9th and Lincoln Streets
- Kosciuszko Park, at 601 South Franklin Street [scheduled to open July 1]
A new spray park is also currently under construction at Woodlawn Park, Fourth and Ferris streets. For information about the City’s public swimming pools and spray parks, please contact the Department of Parks and Recreation at (302) 576-3810, or visit www.WilmingtonDE.gov/citypools.