City Government Offices Will Be Closed Monday, January 20; Trash Collection Schedule is Modified
Wilmington City government offices will be closed on Monday, January 20, 2020, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. As a result, the Department of Public Works’ Sanitation Division will collect trash on a modified holiday schedule.
The modified holiday schedule is as follows:
- Monday, January 20: No collection/City holiday
- Tuesday, January 21: East of I-95 trash collection
- Wednesday, January 22: West of I-95 trash collection
- Thursday, January 23: East of I-95 recycling collection
- Friday, January 24: West of I-95 recycling collection
City residents who have not yet discarded their Christmas trees can still place their trees at the curb for pick up on their regular recycling collection. All lights and tree stands should be removed, and no artificial trees will be collected. Trees must be brought to the curb between 6 p.m. the day before collection and 4 a.m. the day of collection on their regularly scheduled trash or recycling days.
Visit the City of Wilmington’s website for more information about trash and recycling in the City. To report issues about trash and recycling collection, please call the Public Works Call Center at (302) 576-3878 or submit a request for service online.