City News

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Mayor Purzycki and Police Chief Tracy Say Investigation Continues to Find Those Responsible for Shooting Child

Post Date:06/14/2017 10:18 AM

Charges Against Chelsea Outlaw are dropped

Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki and Police Chief Robert Tracy said last night the investigation to identify those responsible for last Tuesday’s shooting of six-year-old Jashown Banner in a vehicle at the corner of 6th and Spruce Streets is continuing. The young boy remains in critical condition at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children.

Chief Tracy said the ongoing investigation, conducted with the assistance of the Attorney General’s Office, uncovered evidence leading to the dismissal yesterday of the current charges against Chelsea Outlaw from Minquadale, who was arrested last week. The Chief said the investigation has developed new leads with other possible suspects. Tracy said all available leads and evidence are being actively pursued.

Citizens who have information about this case are asked to contact Wilmington Police Detective Devon Jones at 302-576-6206. Information may also be submitted through the Delaware Crime Stoppers Tip-Line at 1-800-TIP-3333, where information leading to an arrest may result in a monetary reward. Tips may also be texted to NIXLE at 888777.

Additional updates on this case will be issued by the Wilmington Police Department as new details become available.


For more information about this news release, contact:

John Rago
Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy and Communications
Office of Mayor Michael S. Purzycki
Mobile: (302) 420-7928
Email: jrago@WilmingtonDE.gov

Return to full list >>