Diverse housing options from charming old city neighborhoods to upscale condos and apartments make Wilmington a desirable place to live.
Consider this your personal invitation to get acquainted first-hand with the many advantages of locating your business in award-winning Wilmington.
Give us some idea of what you’re thinking and what your company needs, and the experienced, business-minded, knowledgeable and responsive staff in the City of Wilmington Office of Economic Development will get to work on your behalf. We can be especially helpful in bringing small businesses and those owned by women and minorities into our multi-cultural city. And we can make a compelling case for international corporations to establish their U.S. base of operations in Wilmington.
Before your company makes its next big move, we hope you’ll give us the opportunity to meet and show how a business like yours can find its place and make its mark in Wilmington, right in the middle of it all.
Wilmington Fast Facts
Did you know that the cost of doing business in Wilmington is low - just 88% of the national average?
Families can experience playful learning at the Delaware Children's Museum.
Photo courtesy: Erin Farrell
Delaware offers miles of beaches and beach activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Enjoy a culinary experience in the award-winning Green Room at the Hotel du Pont.
For entertaining the family or enjoying the nightlife with friends.
The local cultural and recreational opportunities are equally diverse and can satisfy virtually any appetite for the arts.
We have our own:
- Opera and ballet companies
- Professional orchestra
- Theater groups
- Live entertainment venues
- Restaurants and night spots
- First class minor league baseball
- Collegiate Division II football
- NASCAR racing
- Public and private golf courses
- A multitude of cafes and restaurants to whet your appetite.
- The original Kalmar Nyckel sailed from Sweden to the New World in 1638. Today you can tour the tall ship and enjoy a cruise.
- Spend the day at the beach, which is less than two hours away.