The seven-member City Planning Commission is comprised of five Mayoral appointments, the City of Wilmington Director of Finance and the Mayor's Office Chief of Staff.
The current commission members are:
- Polly Weir, Chair
- Desmond Baker, Vice-Chair
- Tanya Washington, Chief of Staff, Office of Mayor Michael S. Purzycki
- Patrick T. Carter, Director of Finance, City of Wilmington
- Bruce Brunozzi
- Lloyd Budd
- Joseph Chickadel
The Commission meets monthly and makes recommendations to the Department of Planning and Urban Design on the following types of actions:
- Capital Improvement Program and Budget
- Urban Renewal Plans
- Comprehensive Plans
- Amendments to the Building Zone Map (Rezoning)
- Amendments to the Zoning Code
- Major Subdivisions
- Street Removals, Namings, Renamings and Dedications
- Waterfront Development Review
- Public Facility Naming, Renaming and Dedications
- City Historic District Designations
Review is initiated by introduction of legislation in City Council or by permit application to Licenses and Inspections. An analysis prepared by the Department of Planning and Urban Design is presented to the City Planning Commission, with a public hearing if required, and their recommendations are forwarded to City Council or Licenses and Inspections in the form of a resolution.
The Planning Commission generally meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
The deadline for completed applications to be received by the Planning Department is 21 days before the meeting date with no exceptions. If applications are received but not considered complete, they will be returned to the applicant and not scheduled on a DRPC agenda until they are made complete by the applicant.