Notice is hereby given by that City of Wilmington will hold a virtual public hearing on May 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Due to the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and the declaration of COVID-19 pandemic limiting gatherings of 10 or more a public hearing will be held on Zoom virtually to solicit citizen comments on the Substantial Amendment for CARES Act funding for CDBG and ESG and a revised Citizen Participation Plan.
Acquisition and Redevelopment Request for Proposals
The City of Wilmington is accepting proposals on the properties known as:
- 817 W. 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 612 W. 5th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 802 W. 6th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 834 W. 6th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 517 W. 7th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 618 W. 7th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 717 W. 8th Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- 703 N. Washington Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
UPDATE: The properties will be open for inspection on Saturday, June 13, 2020 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Sealed proposals are due Friday, June 26, 2020 no later than 4:00 p.m. in the Department of Real Estate and Housing, Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 N. French Street, 7th Floor, Wilmington, Delaware 19801.
Proposals with submission instructions are also available for pick-up in the Department of Real Estate and Housing.
Find a Home in Wilmington
- DelawareHousingSearch.org - Delaware's free property listing service. Find everything from accessible homes to rentals and affordable homes for sale. Listings are updated daily.
About the Department
The Department of Real Estate and Housing's mission is to improve the quality of life for residents in the City of Wilmington by:
- increasing the supply of affordable housing;
- improving housing markets and the quality of existing housing stock; and
- promoting self-sufficiency, and engaging in activities to revitalize City neighborhoods.
The department plans, allocates and prudently administers federal, state and local resources for the benefit of City residents and the neighborhoods in which they live, involving residents to the greatest extent feasible in decisions that affect their lives. In carrying out this mission, the department partners with other City departments, government agencies, the private sector and other organizations that share its goal.