FY2020 Annual Action Plan
The City of Wilmington Department of Real Estate and Housing is inviting the public to comment on the draft FY2020 Annual Action Plan, which outlines how the City intends to expend the projected a $2,183,011 in Federal Community Development Block Grant funds (CDBG), $552,461 in HOME Investment Partnerships Program Funds (HOME), $182,956 in Emergency Solutions Grant funds (ESG) and $772,728 in Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS funds (HOPWA). Visit this link to read the public notice and the draft document.
West Center City Property Development Opportunity Request for Proposals
Wilmington Neighborhood Conservancy Land Bank (WNCLB) is seeking a qualified developer for the renovation/redevelopment of five vacant properties in the northwest section of the West Center City neighborhood. The properties are located in the Trinity Vicinity Historic District. Visit this link to read the public notice and read the project RFP.
Find a Home in Wilmington
- Wilmington Housing Partnership - The WHP provides quality homes by teaming up with strong community groups and investors to stabilize the neighborhoods in the City of Wilmington.
- DelawareHousingSearch.org - Delaware's free property listing service. Find everything from accessible homes to rentals and affordable homes for sale. Listings are updated daily.
About the Department
The Department of Real Estate and Housing's mission is to improve the quality of life for residents in the City of Wilmington by:
- increasing the supply of affordable housing;
- improving housing markets and the quality of existing housing stock; and
- promoting self-sufficiency, and engaging in activities to revitalize City neighborhoods.
The department plans, allocates and prudently administers federal, state and local resources for the benefit of City residents and the neighborhoods in which they live, involving residents to the greatest extent feasible in decisions that affect their lives. In carrying out this mission, the department partners with other City departments, government agencies, the private sector and other organizations that share its goal.