About the Department
The Department of Real Estate and Housing's mission is to improve the quality of life for residents in the City of Wilmington by:
- increasing the supply of affordable housing;
- improving housing markets and the quality of existing housing stock; and
- promoting self-sufficiency, and engaging in activities to revitalize City neighborhoods.
The department plans, allocates and prudently administers federal, state and local resources for the benefit of City residents and the neighborhoods in which they live, involving residents to the greatest extent feasible in decisions that affect their lives. In carrying out this mission, the department partners with other City departments, government agencies, the private sector and other organizations that share its goal.
FY2018 Annual Action Plan Public Notice
A draft of the proposed FY2018 Annual Action is now available for public view. Visit this link to read the public notice and the draft document.
Find a Home in Wilmington
- Wilmington Housing Partnership - The WHP provides quality homes by teaming up with strong community groups and investors to stabilize the neighborhoods in the City of Wilmington.
- DelawareHousingSearch.org - Delaware's free property listing service. Find everything from accessible homes to rentals and affordable homes for sale. Listings are updated daily.