George Giles, Director
The Office of Emergency Management coordinates the efforts of all city departments and the at-large community to ensure that city officials are prepared to respond quickly and effectively should disaster strike.
Department officials also maintain and administer the Wilmington Emergency Operation Plan, mandated by federal government to receive relief funds for disaster. The team works hard to keep communications networks, transportation systems, infrastructure facilities, and vital public goods and services flowing to residents and businesses in the city when emergencies occur.
More About the Office of Emergency Management
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Be Prepared for Extreme Heat
- Be Prepared for a Flood
- Be Prepared for a Hurricane
- Be Prepared for Lightning/Thunderstorms
- Be Prepared for a Tornado
- Be Prepared for an Earthquake
- Put Together a Family Emergency Plan
Kids Emergency Backpack Giveaway
Emergency Operations Center
When a snow or other weather emergency is declared, the Office of Emergency Management Operation Center is activated.
The EOC is not activated.