Project Status - November 2019
Construction on the South Wilmington Wetlands Park started on June 3, 2019. Phase 1 construction is underway and through the end of November, 90,000 cubic yards of the estimated 110,000 cubic yards of soil has been removed from the site. Wetland channels have been shaped. The project is approaching 45% complete and work is expected to be complete in early summer of 2020.
- Dewatering and excavation
- Wetland channels taking shape, moving west towards Walnut Street
- Boardwalk construction underway
- Helical Anchors on the eastern side of project are installed
- Carpentry crew preliminary layout has started
- Landscaping for Phase 1 is being completed with wetlands seeding materials