The Department of Real Estate and Housing is pleased to work with city property owners to make repairs to your homes under the federally-assisted City of Wilmington Exterior Code Violation Repair Program.
Who is Eligible
Owner occupants of single-family dwellings whose family income falls within the low- to moderate-income guidelines are shown below:
|2019 INCOME LIMITS|
|FY 2019 Median Family Income: 80% LIMITS|
|1 Person - $50,500||5 Person - $77,900|
|2 Person - $57,700||6 Person - $83,650|
|3 Person - $64,900||7 Person - $89,450|
|4 Person - $72,100||8 Person - $95,200|
Applicants must live in and hold the deed to the property you wish to have repaired in order to be eligible for assistance under this program. Applicants must have owned their properties for a minimum of 12 months.
Existing exterior code violations which have been determined by a City of Wilmington Housing Inspector and formalized in an individual housing report, are allowable rehabilitation costs.
A deferred forgivable loan not to exceed a maximum value of $4,999. Which will be forgiven after one (1) year if no change in ownership.
Apply by Mail or In Person
For your convenience, the application is a fillable PDF document. Complete the application, print and sign it before submitting.
Include the following documents with your application:
- Your code violation report from the City of Wilmington Department of Licenses and Inspections.
- Most recent Federal 1040 tax form for all household members.
- Proof of income of anyone living in your property (i.e. recent pay stubs or social security statement).
- Any documents pertaining to unemployment, TANF, social security, and/or pension benefits for all household members.
- Any records of installment and credit card accounts (e.g. car payment book).
- Gas and electric bills.
- Applicant and co-applicant State of Delaware driver's license or IDs.
Mail or deliver the completed application and supporting documents to:
City of Wilmington Department of Real Estate and Housing
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street, 7th Floor
Wilmington, Delaware 19801-3537