Mayor Mike Purzycki and Acting Cultural Affairs Director Tina Betz invite you to attend the City of Wilmington’s annual July 4th Celebration at Tubman-Garrett Park on Wednesday, July 4, 2018. Admission is free.
|12:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.||The public is invited to bring a blanket, chair, lawn games, and your own picnic. Local vendors will be on hand, as will local bands, children’s games, tours of the Kalmar Nyckel, and other family-themed activities.|
|8:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.||The Delaware Symphony Orchestra performs a celebratory concert of American music.|
|9:30 p.m.||The 4th of July Fireworks Show will conclude the evening.|
Enjoy these additional activities brought to you by the Riverfront Development Corporation.
|12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.||Kalmar Nyckel Tours|
|3:30 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.||Riverboat Queen BBQ Cruise|
|5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.||Live Music at Constitution Yards|
|7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.||Riverboat Queen BBQ Cruise/Fireworks|
|7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.||River Taxi Wine Cruise|
|8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.||River Taxi Wine Cruise/Fireworks|
The Riverfront Market is closed on July 4.
- Patrons are encouraged to park at the many different lots around the Orange Street and Market Street areas.
- Take advantage of free parking at the Shipyard Shops, Frawley Stadium and at the Chase Center on the Riverfront.
- Visit the Riverfront Wilmington website for directions to these sites.
Please note that parking at the restaurants along the Riverfront are for restaurant patrons ONLY.
We encourage all of those attending the 4th of July at Tubman-Garrett Park, or visiting Riverfront restaurants, and area attractions to plan ahead for road closures and traffic delays. Safety for our patrons and community is our main priority. We expect major crowds for the fireworks, therefore we strongly recommend that patrons arrive at the Riverfront no later than 8:00 p.m. and plan to stay until after the fireworks finale. The Wilmington Police Department will be present to ensure a smooth and safe commute for Riverfront patrons into and out of the celebration area. Street closures and traffic advisories for the event are as follows:
- Rosa Parks Drive between Market and French Streets at Tubman-Garrett Park will be closed beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3.
- The Market Street Bridge will be closed to pedestrian and motorized traffic from Water Street through to A Street from 8:00 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.
- A Street from Market to Walnut Streets will be closed beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- All roads exiting from Martin Luther King Boulevard into the Riverfront area, including South Madison Street, Tatnall Street, Market Street, Orange Street, West Street, and Walnut Street will be closed beginning at 8:30 p.m. in preparation for the fireworks show.
- Traffic leaving the Shipyard Shops or Riverfront restaurants area by way of Madison Street at the end of the evening will be directed to exit along Stadium Drive and onto Beech Street and out Justison Street.
- All roads will be re-opened at the conclusion of the fireworks show.