For Adults Facing Employment Challenges
America Jobs Center – Fox Valley
4425 North Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
Delaware JobLink is a web-based job-matching and labor market information system through the Department of Labor that provides job seekers, employers, and training providers with easy-to-use tools that support a wide range of activities.
As a service of the public workforce system, Delaware JobLink is completely free for you to use. You only need a computer and internet access to do the following:
- Create and post a resume or job order
- Determine whether you're eligible for state- or federally funded workforce programs
- Search for the ideal job or job candidate
- Search for the ideal training or service provider
- Research labor market information
- And much more!
Create a self-service account today to manage your job or resume search. Friendly, knowledgeable workforce development professionals are also available at your local American Job Centers to assist you. Whether you're an individual looking for the perfect career opportunity, an employer looking for the ideal job candidate, or a training provider who wants to get the word out about your programs, check out the tools and services on Delaware JobLink and let Delaware work for you.
Central Baptist CDC’s Eastside Rising Training Center comprehensively address all of the barriers of the hardest to serve populations while taking them through a training process designed to increase the social and human capital of the communities that we serve.
- Construction Apprenticeship
- Green technology through Solar installation & Sales
- Copper Cable Networking
- Microsoft Office Academy
- Computer Support, Coding, and A+ Certification
- Certified Nursing Assistant
Participants will receive additional wraparound services to assist them in being successful during and beyond our program in the following areas:
- Case Management
- Mentoring from community members
- On-the-job training
- 6-12 Month Individual Follow-up
Our program and services include basic computer skills, cashier, retail skills, vocational services, financial management and hospitality training in the following:
- Shoprite Cashier Training
- Basic Retail Skills Training- 6-week skills training program
- Industrial Cleaning Skills Training
- Vocational Evaluation – 2-week program is designed to assess consumer’s skills, abilities, and work readiness
- Job Placement and Job Coaching
- Community-based Assessment
Looking for a job? Need a career change? Hoping to land a better job? Re-entering the work force? Our FREE program offers workshops & resources designed to help you be successful.
- Learn how to use a computer
- Find job leads online
- Fill out a job application
- Write a resume including an online resume
- Practice interviews
- Learn about useful job hunting strategies and tools
- Work on your GED, take practice tests
- Take occupational & academic classes
The Job Placement Center helps disadvantaged and/or chronically homeless men and women, including the unskilled, to develop employment skills and obtain work. Individuals committed to learning and to maintaining employment in a specific field may enroll in one of the training programs operated by the Job Placement Center, when available. These programs help registrants prepare for work as child care workers, chef’s assistants, certified nursing assistants, maintenance personnel or housekeepers. The Job Placement Center strives to help individuals develop life skills for employment. To this end, staff focus on providing assistance in job searches, resumé building, completion of employment applications and follow-up. Ongoing case management services also enable the Job Placement Center to help clients retain jobs.
Employment Training Program
West End Neighborhood House offers FREE employment opportunities for youth and adults 16 years of age and older. Services are designed to help individuals build the critical thinking skills necessary to enhance employability and gain and retain employment.
Our Employment Training program provides a unique, individualized approach by providing customers with the following opportunities:
- Job Preparedness Workshops
- Customer Service Certification Training
- Job Search, Placement, and Retention Assistance
- Job Shadowing and Internship Opportunities
- Work Attire and Job Training Fee Assistance
The Environmental Protection Agency’s Workforce Development Program offers residents the opportunity to become employed in careers that reduce environmental contamination and provide more sustainable futures for the community, with emphasis on reducing environmental contamination in Brownfields sites located in New Castle County, specifically in the City of Wilmington.
In order to qualify for enrollment, participants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Be physically fit to do the work (able to lift 50 lbs., work in extreme heat/cold, etc.)
- Successfully pass a drug screening
- Possess a Social Security card, state I.D or Driver’s license; a birth certificate or other U.S. Residence Documents