For Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Internship Dates: July 9 – August 15, 2018
The Mayor’s Summer Internship Program for undergraduate and graduate level college students provides an opportunity for students interested in making a contribution while gaining experience working in city government. Interns will have an opportunity to stay in one particular department or rotate throughout several departments during their 6-week internship. Interns will be selected, placed and assigned work projects based on their interest and background and the department’s need.
Paid Internship: $12 an hour/6-weeks
Internship Dates: July 9 to August 15, 2018. End date can be flexible for school schedules.
- Must be a full-time resident of the City of Wilmington (when not away at school).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Positive attitude, flexibility, self-directed, and excellent people skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft
- Must pass a criminal background investigation and drug test
- All majors will be considered, however there are dedicated projects set aside for Finance and
- Accounting students due to higher need for interns with this skill.
- Preference will be given to residents of the City of Wilmington (meaning you were from the City of Wilmington before you went away to school, your parents or guardians live in the City of Wilmington, or you live and go to school in the City of Wilmington).
Work Assignments are available in the following Departments:
- Office of the Mayor
- Department of Parks and Recreation
- Department of Finance
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Real Estate and Housing
- Department of Planning and Development
- Office of Economic Development
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter along with some form of proof of residence (ex: ID card, a bill, or other official document) to:
Special Assistant to the Mayor for Employment Initiatives
Application Deadline: Apply by Thursday, June 22, 2018.
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 North French Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801