The following list of parking tips is intended to be a helpful guide to understanding the most commonly encountered parking issues in Wilmington. It is not intended to cover every possible scenario, nor is it meant as a substitute for City Code. To review parking regulations in their entirety, access the City Code here. For those who do not have access to the Internet, please call the Office of Constituent Services at (302) 576-2489.
Email addresses listed below are NOT case sensitive.
Park in Wilmington Using Parkmobile
The City of Wilmington partners with Parkmobile to allow customers to pay for parking with their phones at approximately 1,000 on-street meters downtown. Customers can pay for parking by using Parkmobile's smartphone app or by calling 1-877-727-5758.
Parkmobile also allows customers to receive reminders before their time expires and to extend their time remotely without returning to the meter. Parkmobile is offered as an additional payment option and does not replace card or coin payment options. All existing forms of payment are still valid for use.
For more information about Parkmobile and to download the app, visit: https://Wilmington.Parkmobile.us
Pay Parking Tickets
- To pay online, visit www.WilmingtonParkingTickets.com. All major credit cards are accepted including American Express. Parking tickets paid online within 48 hours of issuance are eligible for a $10 discount.
- To pay in person, visit the Customer Service Center on the 1st floor of the Redding City/County Building at 800 North French Street, Wilmington, 19801 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Cash, check, Master Card, Visa or Discover are accepted, but American Express is not accepted.
- To pay by telephone, call (302) 571-4320 and select option #4 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. A City Customer Service representative will assist you with your payment. Only MasterCard, Visa and Discover are accepted for phone payments.
Appeal Parking Tickets
Parking tickets may be appealed either by mail or in person. If an individual chooses to appeal by mail, they must mail a written statement specifying why they disagree with the citation. Individuals may also appear in person to fill out an appeal. All written appeals must be mailed to the following address:
Office of Constituent Services, 3rd Floor
Attn: Civil Appeals Office
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801-3537
Common Parking Rules
- Meters accept nickels, dimes, and quarters. Parking rates are posted on each meter. You may purchase 15 minutes of parking for a quarter, 6 minutes of parking for a dime, and 3 minutes of parking for a nickel. You may park at a meter for up to two hours.
- Upon parking, familiarize yourself with posted street signage regarding parking restrictions/limitations. Street signage governing parking rules on a block (such as street cleaning times) may appear anywhere on the block, and familiarizing yourself with signage requires looking up and down the entire block on the side where you’re parked, particularly if you don’t see any sign where you are parked. The City is required to post signs along a block so that citizens are informed about parking rules/restrictions. If you park on the block and feel that signage may be missing or inadequate, please notify the Office of Constituent Services through CityHelp@WilmingtonDE.gov or call (302) 576-2489.
- You will receive a parking ticket if a tire is sitting on the curb or sidewalk. All four wheels must be touching the street surface.
- Do not park farther than 12 inches from the curb.
- Parking is prohibited within 20 feet of a crosswalk or intersection.
- Parking is prohibited within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- Parking is prohibited in bus stops or loading zones. Loading zones are reserved for commercial vehicles only.
- Do not block driveways; you may be ticketed AND towed. Vehicles are prohibited from parking within three feet of either side of a driveway.
- Do not park in a handicap space (designated by a blue meter) unless you have a valid, properly displayed handicap plate or placard.