Wilmington's Red Light Camera Safety Program has gone digital. The technology enables the City to better enforce violations of the “right turn on red” laws as well as violations of traveling through a red light. The digital technology produces both still images and video of the violation, thus providing additional information to help determine whether a vehicle was forced into an intersection by an emergency vehicle, for example, and whether a vehicle made a right turn on red after coming to a complete stop which is required by law.
- FY2015 Traffic Light Signal Violation Monitoring System Program Report
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Red Light Camera Safety Program
Vehicle owners whose vehicles violate the law are notified by mail of their violation and receive three higher resolution digital images of the violation. In addition, those who receive a notice of violation are able to log onto the red light citation public inquiry website and view a 10-second video of their violation. The digital still images and video will also be displayed in court when a vehicle owner exercises their right to appeal the issuance of a red light citation.
The fine for violating the red light traffic law, or the “right turn on red” traffic law, is $110.
Since its inception in 2001, Wilmington’s Red Light Camera Safety Program has grown from 15 intersections with cameras to 34 red light cameras at 31 intersections. The program continues to focus on reducing dangerous intersection crashes that typically cause injury or death to motorists.
Wilmington’s Red Light Camera Safety Program is managed by Xerox State and Local Solutions, Inc.
Red Light Camera Locations
There are 34 red light camera locations at 31 intersections in Wilmington.
- Pennsylvania Avenue westbound at N. Lincoln Street
- Lancaster Avenue eastbound at S. Cleveland Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue eastbound at N. Franklin Street
- S. Heald Street southbound at D Street
- 4th Street westbound at Adams Street
- 4th Street westbound at N. Washington Street
- Lancaster Avenue westbound at S. Cleveland Avenue
- Lincoln Street northbound at 9th Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue eastbound at Woodlawn Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue westbound at Woodlawn Avenue
- Concord Avenue southbound at Market Street
- Lancaster Avenue eastbound at Lincoln Street
- 11th Street eastbound at N. Church Street
- Union Street northbound at Prospect Road
- 30th Street westbound at Market Street
- S. Union Street southbound at Maple Street
- 4th Street westbound at Scott Street
- Concord Avenue northbound at N. Broom Street
- Concord Avenue southbound at N. Broom Street
- Lancaster Avenue eastbound at Jackson Street
- Lancaster Avenue eastbound at DuPont Street
- Rt. 13 A southbound at Christiana Avenue
- Maryland Avenue eastbound at 7th Avenue
- Union Street southbound at W. 4th Street
- King Street southbound at E. 4th Street
- 4th Street eastbound at N. Orange Street
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard westbound at West Street
- S. Walnut Street northbound at E. 2nd Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue eastbound at N. Van Buren Street
- Delaware Avenue westbound at N. Van Buren Street
- 12th Street westbound at N. Washington Street
- 2nd Street westbound at N. Adams Street
- S. Walnut Street northbound at A Street
- Walnut Street northbound at E. 8th Street
View Red Light Video Violations Online
If you received a red light citation and would like more information, visit the public inquiry portal at www.public.cite-web.com.